Vicki Ale is a provisional psychologist who is completing her Masters of Clinical Psychology. As part of her post-graduate training she has worked in private practice, community mental health, and school settings. She is also currently working part-time as a school counsellor across two primary schools. She has practical experience working with children, adolescents, and adults. She has helped individuals facing a range of mental health and general life issues including anxiety, depression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, grief, drug and alcohol use, behavioural issues, emotion regulation, self-esteem, and relationship issues. She employs a range of psychological interventions, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and she will tailor her therapy approach to suit each individual in a holistic and integrative approach.
Vicki has a particular interest and background in working with children with autism spectrum disorder, with a focus on managing behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties. She works with parents, school teachers, and other health professionals in a collaborative manner to help children achieve their full potential.
- Currently completing Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Bachelor of Applied Science Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology and Psychology)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
- Member of Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists